Friday, June 6, 2008

SIX Days Until MGS4!

Today's random Metal Gear fact:


I don't recall where I first saw it, but this was the ad that made the 12-year-old me want to check out the NES version of Metal Gear. I eventually rented it, couldn't figure out where to go or what to do, and returned it a day later without accomplishing jack shit.

Then I played it again a year or two later and loved it. For years after that, my friend Matt and I would occasionally speculate on how it cool it would be if Konami would make another Metal Gear game someday.

Finally, in 1997, Metal Gear Solid was revealed to the world. Even before it was released, I knew it was going to be something special. Little did I know that Metal Gear would go on to become my favorite game series of all time...

No comments: