Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2 DAYS UNTIL MGS4!

We're almost there, folks! I'm at the very end of MGS2, and I should have no trouble beating it tonight. My original plan for this blog was to write about aspects of each game as I beat them, but with my schedule the way it has been I've had to kind of abandon that idea and just write about whatever I have time for. Rest assured, I'll be maintaining and updating this blog for the foreseeable future! I haven't covered a quarter of the topics I want to yet, and I have no doubt that MGS4 will only provide more to theorize and obsess over!

Today's random Metal Gear fact:

Speaking of obsession...

...I own a lot of Metal Gear stuff.



In the top photo, going from top to bottom and left to right, are the following:
  1. PSP with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops "body armor" attached.
  2. Box the PSP MGS:PO body armor came in.
  3. MetalGear Solid official strategy guide
  4. Metal Gear (NES)
  5. Snake's Revenge (NES)
  6. Metal Gear Solid (the same copy I bought on launch day on 10/21/98!)
  7. Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
  8. Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (AKA Metal Gear Solid in the U.S.)
  9. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (again, same copy I bought on launch day!)
  10. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
  11. The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2
  12. Worlds of Power: Metal Gear (a godforsaken abomination which will be covered in detail in a future update...)
  13. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (launch day again!)
  14. Box for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Collector's Edition
  15. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
  16. MGS3: Subsistence "Existence" Collector's Edition Disk
  17. Metal Gear Ac!d
  18. Metal Gear Ac!d 2
  19. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (couldn't find the case for it, but I still have it somewhere)
  20. Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (This is pretty rare!)
  21. Metal Gear Solid comic collection 1
  22. Metal Gear Solid: The Complete Guide
  23. Metal Gear Legacy Vol. 1 (pre-order bonus for MGS3: Subsistence)
  24. MGS2: Sons of Liberty Original Soundtrack
  25. MGS3: Snake Eater Original Soundtrack
  26. MGS: Portable Ops Original Soundtrack
  27. Metal Gear Legacy Vol. 2 (pre-order bonus for MGS4: Guns of the Patriots)
Underneath all that is a close-up of my Raiden and MGS2 Snake figures. I have a figure of Big Boss (as he appears near the end of MGS3) as well, but that one is currently guarding my desk at work. The only other Metal Gear-related artifact I have that isn't shown here is one of the original E3 fliers for Metal Gear Solid (passed out at E3 in 1998, I believe). It's this full-sized, fold-out brochure; lavishly colored and illustrated, and covered with info about the game. It's not pictured because I just now remembered I have it. Heh.

1 comment:

? said...

Glad I found this blog. I am currently reading one of your favourite books, master and margarita and liking it!