Wednesday, June 4, 2008

8 Days Until MGS4!

We've almost a week to go, and I'm close to the end of MGS1! I should easily beat it tonight, but I'm gonna have to really buckle down to make it through MGS2 with my current work schedule. I know I can do it, but it's a bit frustrating that I won't have time to write the kajillion-and-one things I want to about MGS2 before MGS4 hits.

I actually have a fair amount of mostly-finished articles related to MGS2 that I'll try and get posted up in the next week. Stay tuned for those, as well as more Metal Gear trivia. Speaking of which...

Today's random Metal Gear fact:

Solid Snake's real name is David. He says so in both endings of MGS1.

This probably has nothing to do with the fact that Snake's American voice actor is named David Hayter. It seems more likely that Kojima named him this as a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey, especially considering the exchange he has with Otacon in the (non-canon) ending where Meryl dies:

Otacon: "So, what're you gonna do now, Snake?"

Snake: "David. My name is David, Otacon."

Otacon: "...I'm Hal, Dave."

Snake: "Heh. Hal and Dave. That's a good
one! Maybe we should take a trip to Jupiter together."

Also like David Bowman in 2001, Snake endures a ton of freaky shit, and then suddenly finds himself turning old. The parallels are endless, I tell you!

No comments: